Friday, January 13, 2012

Time

I know that everyone has the same number of hours each day, so I try to avoid saying "I didn't have time..." when something doesn't get done in a day. Nonetheless, I am thankful for what I was able to do during the two weeks when I wasn't spending time at work. We enjoyed Christmas in Nova Scotia with friends, lingered long over visits with family, completed our 2nd Annual Chili Cheesecake Resolution Run, reorganized some closets and rooms, and I even attempted a few sewing projects. Since no one photo seems to capture each experience, I'll only display one of my sewing projects: swittens, i.e., mittens made from felted wool sweaters. Wool is my new favourite thing these days!

2 comments:

Hasangela said...

I love them. A friend made me something similar a couple years ago, but the sweater wasn't felted, she just sewed it a lot so it wouldn't fray. They look awesome. I didn't know you were a sewer. I'm looking for a new sewing machine right now since mine has been out of service for a while, and while at my mom's for Christmas we made Hope PJ's so I am inspired again.
God Bless!
Angela

Jenny said...

Re-purposing out-worn and out-styled clothes is my favourite! I plan on hitting up our local thrift stores for some wool sweaters to felt. I hope you're able to get a functional sewing machine soon. I inherited my mom's from the early 80s, and it's still got some life left!