Thursday, April 12, 2007

Back to Basics

Greetings my humble friends and foes,

As you may have noticed, Jenny has been the one creating all the interesting posts for all to indulge in on this blog of ours. Yet this day yields another suprise... It is I (Jeff) that has been writing all the blogs in the guise of my lovely wife Jenny A.K.A "Delia"!

BREEWHAAHAA! Just joking It was Jenny all along, like you suspected, that has been creating the interesting blogs. However, I had you all going there for a second huh? Oh yeah! You all know it too! Anyways, here is my "beef" (vent) for today! What is with "cops" A.K.A "C'OPs" (SEE-OH-PSS), "PoPo" (PO PO), "Oinks" (Oh-INKS)? As you may have all read by now (see last post)Jenny and I got a Quebecquois speeding ticket (I assure you, Jenny was the one driving... or at least telling me how to drive, hehe).

Well this is my question: How is it that cops are like good salesmen? I mean, he comes to my window and knocks just like a regular salesman would at a door. I roll down the window (knowing who it is always makes it a little slower of a roll) and say "Yes, officer" kind of like the ol' "yeah I know why you are here and can we just get on with this already" thoughts run through my mind. This is probably how I feel everytime a sales guy tries to pitch one on me. Anyway, the cop comes back with the ticket and tells me, "You were going 115 km/h in a 90 km/h zone, but I marked it down 114 km/h. This will save you $25.00." WOW! I thought after he left and I quickly reverted my window to its original position. "I got a deal on this one, I saved $25.00"!

The funny thing is, I still have to pay $111.00, and I didn't get anything out of it. But because of the "discount" I felt like I got a deal on the whole thing, and a part of me felt like I ripped the guy off. I'm not sure if this all helps but here is a picture to envision what I was thinking at the time.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't try and distract from the purpose of the whole thing, you know, if you obeyed the law it would have been free! I'm with Jenny on this one, a ticket does the boy(or girl) good!
Trisha

Anonymous said...

Looks like you still remember some of the cop nicknames from Omaha- I expected better from you! I wonder if there are any statistics on who gets more tickets, boys or girls? I think we all know the answer to that one.

Stu Bobbi said...

I guess being a wife of a respected policeman I won't comment except: SLOW DOWN IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!

Jenny said...

I wasn't pointing at any of the respectable officers that know me or that me and Jenny both know. :) all in good humor...